In this case, the family is a member of the third generation in an inherited wealth situation. Most of the family’s wealth is now held by long-term trusts that were established by previous generations.
We have added value to this family with inherited wealth by:
- Redesigning the investment strategies of various trusts to make the trusts far more tax-efficient. When we began working on this inherited wealth situation, the tax-efficiency of the investment portfolios was quite poor.
- Helping the family design and implement a social impact investment program for a portion of their investment assets.
- Developing and implementing a cash flow planning system to help the family manage its cash flow.
- Assisting the head of the family with advice about his real estate business, business agreements, risk management, and dealing with his investors.
- Working with members of the next generation to develop their financial skills.
- Providing advice to members of the extended family about family meetings, and governance of the family’s business enterprises.
- Providing advice about the management and governance of the family’s vacation compound.
Click here to read more about our thinking.