Today’s investors and donors want to ensure their dollars have a meaningful impact on society and the environment consistent with their values. On March 2, 2017, our panelists discussed making this connection a reality.
- What are some of the things that are needed to make impact investing more mainstream?
- What are some of the challenges in trying to create a structure and how can we replicate that model?
- Given the current political environment, what types of questions are donors/investors/boards/families asking?
- How does a regular person balance the need to invest for their lifetime vs. the long time horizon of these investments?
- How do you measure the return on investment for the projects across the spectrum?
- Are there fads in the impact investing world? If so, what are they and how quickly will they fade?
- Other than being the happy beneficiary, what role can a not-for-profit play in this process?
- How can impact investing bring a family together?