On October 20, 2016, we hosted a though-provoking panel discussion at The Ritz-Carlton in Boston, Massachusetts featuring industry experts discussing how shifts in climate change policies are influencing investing and risk management solutions, and reviewed what you can do in light of these developments.
Our distinguished panelists included Sue Reid, Vice President of Climate Change and Clean Energy Programs at Ceres and Matthew J. Diserio, President and Co-Founder of Water Asset Management. Bruce Simon, Ballentine Partners’ Director of Portfolio Research, moderated the discussion.
- Are opinions on climate change geographically driven?
- What industries are likely to benefit from the movement away from fossil fuels?
- Are there solutions addressing hydrofracking concerns, allowing it to continue while mitigating the environmental impact?
- Where do you think desalination fits into getting potable water for drinking and agriculture?
- How can a concerned individual investor change their individual investment strategy?
- What are the biggest political barriers and how they shifted over the last ten years?
- Which country has emerged as the clean energy leader? What is happening in other countries and where does the US stand?
- Is there a long term solution for the water needs in the Southwest?
- Globally, is there a movement from governments to invest more in alternative energy solutions?
- What is the role and value of a carbon tax?