We all want the next generation to be generous but how does one truly cultivate a generous spirit from within? On October 22, 2015, Ballentine Partners hosted a forum on how inheritors can be imbued with a passion for philanthropy. Our panel of next generation philanthropists broke down myths and shared their stories of how the charitable spark was ignited within their own lives.
- Danielle Oristian York, Director at 21/64 – Danielle consults with multi-generational families, the next generation and their advisors on multigenerational engagement, financial literacy, and empowering the next generation.
- Coventry Edwards-Pitt, Chief Wealth Advisory Officer at Ballentine Partners – Covie is responsible for the management and thought leadership of the firm’s wealth advising practice, leads several of the firm’s large family client relationships, and is the author of the book Raised Healthy, Wealthy & Wise.
- What do we know about the next generation of donors?
- What should I be doing with my kids to help them think about generosity?
- How do you find passion and your own joy in philanthropy?
- Is it enough to have role models that are engaged in philanthropy?
- What can parents do to create an environment for their children to have their own philanthropic epiphany?